Meet Etsy Seller LaPetiteMaisonBlanc

Posted Friday, April 04, 2014


Today we would like to introduce you to

LaPetiteMaisonBlanc has been selling on Etsy since May 2012, they sell original, unique, personalized gift items from notebooks/mini jotters, fabric storage baskets and lavender bags to glasses cases and home furnishings. Today they are going to give us a little peak behind the scenes of their Etsy shop.

Pirate Boys Bedroom Storage Basket with parrot
$17.00
Owl Notepad. Covered notebook for shopping lists, diary, to-do list...
$7.00
Little Beach Huts Fabric Storage Basket
$15.00
Fabric Storage Basket in a Cartoon Style for little Girls
$17.00

What motivated you to start your shop?
La Petite Maison Blanc started in 2011 when our family moved from the UK to the South of France with my husbands job. I've always been in an artistic role (Graphic Designer, Web Designer, Marketing etc) throughout my career but this move gave the opportunity to go back to my first love of crafts and particularly sewing.
I decided to open a store on Etsy in 2012, and haven't looked back since. I love the fact my work is now in lots of countries around the world including Australia, USA, Europe and Japan.

What is the story behind your shop name?
La Petite Maison Blanc raises a few eyebrows in France as it's grammatically wrong for the ""Little White House"" which many people assume the name means.  (Our house is in fact canary yellow!).
Our family name is White and so the name means The Little Whitehouse :-)
Its a great talking point and ice breaker over here and I enjoy explaining the meaning to bemused locals.

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
I used to sell crafts on a stall where people can touch and feel the products and see the quality. Starting selling online was exciting as there was a challenge to get the photography right, the descriptions involved enough to provoke interest and then keeping a customer informed of the whole purchasing process so they felt confident and happy to buy from La Petite Maison Blanc. It's a constant learning curve, but a fun one.

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
I love my storage baskets - we have loads here we use ourselves!  Having small children means there is always little pieces of lego, dolls, hair clips etc to tidy and we keep a basket on the stairs to carry things upstairs!  I also have one by the door for car keys, dog leads, one in the kitchen for eggs, one in the bathroom for make-up...
I try to imagine where a buyer will keep their's and what they will use it for to influence the designs and I love a custom order, my customers have the BEST ideas ever!

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
Although my background is in Web Design I'm in no way advantaged when it comes to getting found and getting my listings high on product categories. I constantly tweak things to try and better my reach. I'm getting there I think,  but it's a slow process.

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
Make it well. Make it unique. Make it to last.
Quality products you can't buy on the high street.

What do you do when you aren't working?
I have four children and two lively dogs who keep the house constantly busy. I've recently started running with my eldest daughter which is challenging but fun and we're doing well heading for our first 5k!
Living in the South of France we have the Mediterranean and the Pyrenees on hand to always have something to do and somewhere to go and I love exploring the countryside.

Please tell us a little about the children's items market / handmade movement in your Country? 
Handmade is growing here in France but I think there are few people who would search online for it.  Vide Greniers (Like car boot sales) are very popular as are Brocantes (More like an Antiques Fair) and would attract attention if you were physically there. Of all my sales I have the least in my home country, which is really sad.
On the whole I would say the French market is interested in value for money, quality and uniqueness.

Anything else you'd like to tell us or share?
You can find us on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/lapetitemaisonblanc
We're on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/lpmblanc
Pinterest at: http://www.pinterest.com/lpmblanc/

LaPetiteMaisonBlanc is offering a 10% discount in her shop. To use the coupon visit her etsy store and enter code "ETSYKIDS10" at checkout. Valid until end of April 2014.
Notebook. Love to Sew, fantastic journal or mini diary
$7.00
Provence Lavender filled hanging pillow - decoration
$4.00
Storage basket with Union Jack fabric VW Camper Van
$17.00
Padded Spectacles Case with two Mint Butterflies
$9.00

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...