Meet Etsy Seller Fuzzlemania

Posted Wednesday, January 21, 2015


Today we would like to introduce you to
Etsy shop fuzzlemania

fuzzlemania has been selling on Etsy since March 2012, they sell beautiful felt toys and felt toy patterns! Today they are going to give us a little peak behind the scenes of their Etsy shop.

Fuzzle Family Felt -- Felt Family pattern set -- pattern PDFfelt dog magnet with embroiderykids toys -- red-haired felt doll family -- small dolls3 colorful finger puppets -- pink rabbit, blue dog, green cat

What motivated you to start your shop?
I had a set of patterns for making a felt family, house, trees, etc. that I wanted to sell.  It is something I made when my children were young (many years ago) and then turned into an ebook in recent years.  One pattern to sell wasn't much to look at in a shop, so I started making felt toys to sell, using the pattern set, and some new ones that weren't from the patterns.  Last year I added some felt brooches and felt magnets, too.  The ideas keep coming, and I'm enjoying making all the felt items; it is a fun hobby.

What is the story behind your shop name?
"Fuzzle" comes from the name of the pattern set that is for sale in the shop, "Fuzzle Family Felt."  I added the -mania ending so it would sound more exciting and just generally snazzier.

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
Sometimes I have been surprised by certain orders.  For example, I had a set of felt shapes-- and someone ordered two of them, though only one was available at the time.  So that was a surprise, but a pleasant one-- I did have time to quickly make up another set, so completing the order was OK.

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
I really like making the small felt dolls-- it's interesting to design their clothing and bead necklaces, etc . . . and grouping them together in families or smaller sets is something that is fun to do.

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
Figuring out how to get customers (!)

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
Hmm . . . how about "keep it warm and fuzzy"?
I like to make toys that kids will enjoy playing with and parents will also like.  And I want to provide more patterns for crafters who would like to make their own felt toys.  That part (more pattern sets) is coming up in the future.

What do you do when you aren't working?
I usually only work on the felt toys in spare time, such as when riding in the car, waiting for an appointment, attending a listening type meeting, etc.  But I have many interests and pursuits besides hand-sewing with felt.  I'm a visual artist, and volunteer in two schools to bring art lessons to classes of kids, and I'm also a songwriter (www.dianehurstmusic.com).  I'm a wife, and a mom to two teens (the other kids are all grown and living on their own).

Anything else you'd like to tell us or share?
I'm glad for the opportunity to set up shops with Etsy (I have another shop called "All the Time Learning," with educational materials -- www.etsy.com/shop/allthetimelearning); it is an easy way to offer for sale the craft or other handmade items you make, and I'm always encouraging friends who like making things to visit Etsy, or set up their own Etsy shop.

fuzzlemaniais offering a 20% discount in her shop. To use the coupon visit her etsy store and enter code "JANUARY2015" at checkout. Valid until January 31st 2015.

felt toys-- two mermaid felt dollskids toys-- Felt Doll Family -- felt toysFlower Princess and pony -- felt toysFelt Rainbow Magnet
Powered By Toastie Studio - Etsy Tools

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...